Mission & History
Evergreen Health fosters healthy communities by providing medical, supportive, and behavioral services to individuals and families in Western New York - especially those who are living with chronic illness of who are underserved by the healthcare system.
- We welcome everyone.
- We celebrate diversity.
- We are authentic and down-to-earth.
- We collaborate with our clients.
- We use a Harm Reduction model, and celebrate all successes.
- We respect everyone’s life experiences, and don’t judge.
- Non-judgmental: You are welcome at Evergreen. No matter what’s going on in your life. We won’t judge you.
- Affirming: We know that you are the change-maker in your life, and we’ll celebrate all positive change –big and small- that you make.
- Educational: We want you to have all the tools that you need to make positive choices. We’ll give information and support so that you can make your own choices and set your own goals.
- Understanding: We know that every person is different. The challenges that you face every day are important to us. We’ll support you as you face challenges, and work with you to find solutions.
Report to Community 2017
Founded as AIDS Community Services in 1983, the Evergreen Association historically addressed the crisis generated by HIV/AIDS and other sexually-related infections in WNY. As many of these illnesses have responded successfully to medical therapy, the Association has developed a wide range of life-enhancing services to support the ability of our clients to lead healthy, secure and satisfying lives as members of the regional community.
Today, Evergreen has grown to support the entire community. Increasingly, we work with underserved and/or stigmatized individuals dealing with multiple chronic diseases such as HIV/AIDS, diabetes and heart disease, mental health challenges and substance abuse; as well as with a variety of sexual minorities, many whom are inadequately treated by mainstream providers.