Community Health Worker
The Community Health Worker is responsible for conducting outreach and engagement efforts, assisting clients in self-advocacy and self-management, accompanying clients on clinical and supportive service appointments, assisting the Case Manager during some interventions, and assisting the Health Educator during some sessions. Community Health Workers are familiar with the programs targeted communities who help clients to build connections with providers and increase client comfort level and understanding of behavioral health.
As part of the essential functions of this role, the Community Health Worker:
· Assists with development of the annual outreach plan, which includes face-to-face and social media strategies, goals and objectives for reaching the target population
· Conducts outreach according to strategies identified in the annual plan, grant workplan and the enhanced outreach model
· Works with participants to link them to care coordination and HIV medical care; assists participants with appointment reminders if needed; accompanies participants to appointments if needed
· Documents all outreach and linkage activities on program forms and in AIRS according to program procedures and within required time frames
· Assists with production of promotional items, brochures, fliers and other program literature that support and enhance outreach strategies
· Develops and maintains relationships with other community organizations to increase opportunities to reach the target population
Qualified Candidate will have a High School Diploma or equivalent and valid NYS driver’s license with a dependable vehicle to use for client services activities. Sensitivity toward cultural diversity, HIV/AIDS and lifestyle and addiction issues essential.
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: High School Diploma
Additional requirement(s): Valid NYS driver’s license with a dependable vehicle (for client services activities)