Community Nutrition Educator (Part-Time)
The Community Nutrition Educator will work in concert with the Community Nutrition Educator to develop and coordinate a regional nutritional health program that adheres to AIDS Institute requirements for the provision of nutrition health education. In this part-time role, they will establish connections and communicate frequently with Medical Nutrition Programs and Practitioners, making referrals as necessary and appropriate.
As part of the essential functions of this role, the Community Nutrition Educator:
· Develops nutrition health education plans that incorporate goals and objectives, frequency and duration of the sessions, and HIV specific health and nutrition topics
· Reviews RD assessments and dietary recommendations to determine the food and meal service and nutrition education that appropriately meets the needs of each client
· Monitors the appropriateness of the food and meal services provided to the client
· Maintains client records that document attendance, participation, progress, accomplishments, and additional needs, referrals, and goals
· Ensures client adherence to Nutrition Health Education and Food and Meals policies and procedures
· Adheres to AIDS Institute requirements for the provision of Nutrition Health Education
· Works closely with the Nutrition Health Educator and Nutrition Program Assistant to keep accurate records and documentation of all food service related activities pertaining to case load
· Coordinates, logs, and schedules monthly Nutrition Education Program case conferences with area care providers
Qualified Candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in nutrition or related field (preferred) with two (2) years of experience developing and facilitating nutrition health education and two (2) years experience working in the field of chronic illness or with individuals with HIV/AIDS. Candidate must be able to communicate clearly and professionally in writing and verbally, demonstrate familiarity with computers and MS Office software (Outlook, Word) and ability to multitask. Excellent customer service skills required. Candidate must be willing to travel and possess valid NYS driver license and an insured, dependable car to use for work-related activities. Sensitivity toward cultural diversity, HIV/AIDS and lifestyle and addiction issues essential.
Job Type: Part-time
Required education: Bachelor’s
Required experience: Nutrition Health Education; Working with patients experiencing chronic illness or HIV/AIDS
Additional requirement(s): Valid NYS driver license and an insured, dependable car