The Data Analyst assists the Database Systems Coordinator in the data management, data investment guidance, security, and process improvement of Data and Database Systems. The Data Analyst is responsible for analyzing data and presenting actionable information to help corporate executives, business managers and other end users make more informed business decisions. Responsibilities include analyzing the current organizational environment and assisting in designing and implementing BI Dashboards.
As part of the Essential Functions for this role, the Data Analyst:
· Assists with implementation of Association Data Warehouse and related data marts. The Database Analysr will be responsible for schema design, table development, ETL processes, aggregation processes, and data validation
· Participates in the development and implementation of Association-wide objectives related to data assets. Coordinates needs from all Centers and departments; develops systems and dashboards to meet those needs from an agency-level perspective
· Writes T-SQL queries to extract data from the Association’s source systems and data marts for ad-hoc report requests
· Assists in developing methodologies to track other relevant clinical data that is not captured in an existing system
· Develops in-depth understanding of underlying data, data models, and business uses; Provides analytical support to the Association
· Works with IT staff to address agency support requests through the IT ticketing system. Maintains accurate and updated ticketing logs
Qualified Candidate will have an Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field with two (2) years or more of experience with data analysis and reporting OR an equivalent combination of education and experience. Candidate must have experience developing queries and reports in SQL Server Reporting Services. Candidate must have experience with PowerPivot, Dundas, Power BI, Tableau. Experience with Visual Studio and/or Crystal Reports a plus. Candidate must be able to communicate clearly and professionally in writing and verbally, and demonstrate competency writing T-SQL queries with strong knowledge of relational database and data warehouse concepts. Familiarity with computers and data manipulation, and strong MS Office software (Excel, Access) preferred. Candidate must demonstrate time management, organizational skills, and ability to work independently. Sensitivity toward cultural diversity, HIV/AIDS and lifestyle and addiction issues essential.
Job Type: Full-Time
Required education: Bachelors
Required experience: Data analysis and reporting; Developing queries and reports in SQL Server Reporting Services