Early Intervention Services (EIS) Educator
The Early Intervention Services (EIS) Educator is responsible for providing client and staff education and training in the HIV Early Intervention Services initiative, on-site in identified substance use treatment programs throughout Erie, Niagara, and Genesee County. The EIS Educator/Trainer develops and implements education sessions for clients in substance use treatment programs on HIV-related topics such as prevention/risk reduction, PrEP, and HIV treatment, based on identified needs and according to the program plan; and develops and facilitates in-service education and training to treatment program staff based on identified needs and according to the annual program plan. Additional duties include:
· Attends meetings with treatment program and Evergreen Health staff to plan and coordinate services.
· Maintains complete, current and accurate client files that comply with federal, state and agency confidentiality laws.
· Documents all related client and program activities according to agency procedures and grant requirements; completes all required reports.
· Tracks progress accomplishing work plan goals; identifies barriers where goals are not being met and communicates them to the Program Manager.
· Assists with the development of program materials.
· Participates in ongoing regional planning and networking for HIV-related services including participation in professional organizations and community networks.
Qualified Candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree and two (2) year of qualifying* experience; an Associate’s degree and four (4) years of qualifying* experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Qualifying* experience equals professional experience developing, conducting and facilitating health education and training programs. Candidate must be able to communicate clearly and professionally, in writing and verbally, and comfortable facilitating group programs. Candidate must have a valid NYS Driver’s License and an insured, dependable car to use for events and program activities. Sensitivity toward cultural diversity, HIV/AIDS and lifestyle and addiction issues essential.
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: Bachelor’s (plus 2 years experience); Associates (plus 4 years experience); or equivalent education and experience
Required experience: Developing, conducting and facilitating health education and training programs
Additional requirements: Must be able to conduct group trainings; Must have dependable, insured vehicle and NYS Driver’s License