Health Information Manager
The Health Information Manager is responsible for planning, developing, evaluating, and supervising staff within the Medical Records department. The Health Information Manager oversees implementation and quality of health information records, processes and procedures involving record order and content, record retention, and destruction. They collaborate with and support team members to ensure a patient-focused approach to care.
As part of the essential functions of this role, the Health Information Manager:
· Collaborates with administration to implement processes and changes within the Medical Records department
· Creates and implements a formalized training program for Medical Records Specialists pertinent to the Medical Records Specialist job description/duties
· Monitors daily operations of medical records department
· Assists with reporting (HEDIS, Gaps in Care reporting, etc.)
· Works collaboratively to ensure HIPAA Privacy and Security and 42 CFR Part 2 requirements are established and met
· Oversees and manages processes of acquiring, sending, and receiving patient medical records, incoming and outgoing faxes and all transmittal requests, Scanning and reporting documents into appropriate medical and behavioral health records, alerting, reporting, and tasking the documents to appropriate personnel
· Addresses support requests to include computer setup and moves, audio/video setup, and desk phone setup; Maintains accurate and updated ticketing logs; Escalates issues to IT Technician II/III or IT Manager, or de-escalates to Help Desk staff, where appropriate
Qualified Candidate will have an Associate’s degree (Bachelor’s preferred) with a minimum of two (2) years of professional experience working in Health Information Management (HIM) field. Medent (EMR) experience required. Experience managing staff preferred. Candidate must be able to communicate clearly and professionally in writing and verbally, and demonstrate ability to work across multiple departments. Candidate must also demonstrate good organizational and time management skills. Sensitivity to HIV/AIDS, addiction and LGBT issues and ability to work effectively with people from diverse cultures and socioeconomic conditions essential.
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: Associates
Required experience: Health Information Management (2 years), Medent (EMR system)