Medical Records Specialist—Bilingual (Spanish)
The Bilingual Medical Records Specialist is responsible for completing, acquiring and sending patient medical records, and for inputting patient medical information into the electronic medical record (EMR) system for Evergreen Primary Care, Sexual Health, Anoscopy, PrEP, and Behavioral Health. They collaborate and support with team members to ensure a patient-focused approach to care.
As part of the essential functions of this role, the Medical Records Specialist:
· Requests medical records of all new patients
· Assists Providers, Nursing Staff and Medical Case Managers in obtaining medical records including ER visits, consults, reports, etc
· Acquires, faxes, and transmits all requests from external offices, insurance companies, legal requests, patients, etc.
· Sends records for scheduled orders and referrals
· Assists clinical staff in scanning and faxing patient paperwork
· Enters data accurately
Qualified Candidate will have an Associate’s degree, or be in current pursuit of secondary education in health information technology field with a minimum of two (2) years of professional experience working in Health Information Management (HIM) field. Candidate must be fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English and Spanish. Candidate must be able to communicate clearly and professionally in writing and verbally, and demonstrate ability to work across multiple departments. Candidate must also demonstrate good organizational and time management skills. Sensitivity to HIV/AIDS, addiction and LGBT issues and ability to work effectively with people from diverse cultures and socioeconomic conditions essential.
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: Associates
Required experience: Health Information Management (2 years)