Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
The Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant is responsible for providing STD testing and treatment to patients of Primary & Specialty Care Services. They focus on providing sexual health education, risk reduction and treatment adherence and collaborate with and support team members to ensure a patient focused approach to care. As part of the Essential Functions for this role, the Nurse Practitioner (or Physician Assistant):
· Assesses the physical and psychosocial status of patients by means of interview, health history, physical examinations and diagnostic tests
· In accordance with medical protocols, evaluates test findings, makes initial medical diagnosis and develops and implements a therapeutic plan consistent with the continuing healthcare needs of the patient
· Initiates first line medical care plan within defined protocols and discontinues therapeutic regimens as per protocol
· Develops appropriate primary care health regimens for patients together with other members of the healthcare team
· Makes appropriate referrals to other healthcare providers and consults with or refers patient to physician as per treatment protocols
Qualified NP Candidate will have current license to practice as a registered nurse in New York State; be a graduate of an accredited college or university with a Master’s degree in nursing; have successfully completed a Family/Adult Nurse Practitioner training program (as part of a degree program or as approved by the New York State Education Department); be certified as a Family/Adult Nurse Practitioner (by the American Nurses Association or other approved certifying agency); and, as of March 1, 1996, be certified as a Nurse Practitioner by the State of New York or be eligible for certification.
Qualified PA Candidate will be a graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant program having passed the PANCE (Physician Assistant National Certifying Exam).
Candidates must have current ACLS and CPR certifications, experience utilizing EMR software (Medent, preferred) and experience providing HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis C and STI Testing and Treatment (preferred). Candidate must be experienced serving specialty populations, including transgendered patients. Sensitivity toward cultural diversity, HIV/AIDS and lifestyle and addiction issues essential.
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: Master’s – Nursing
Required license(s) (NP): NP, FANP, ACLS, CPR
Required license(s) (PA): PA, ACLS, CPR
Additional requirements: EMR systems; MS Office