Seeking a Pharmacy Technician to work evenings. The Pharmacy Technician is responsible for dispensing prescriptions within the pharmacy. The Pharmacy Technician works closely with the Senior Pharmacy Technician to process, fill and file prescriptions. This role includes typing, billing, counting prescriptions and re/stocking prescription drugs.
As part of the Essential Function for this role, the Pharmacy Technician:
· Retrieves medication from shelf, counts medication, and labels container under direct supervision of a pharmacist
· Enters medication information and directions on patient profile into computerized database
· Receives written prescriptions from patients or retrieves electronic prescriptions for patients and verifies that the information on the prescription is complete
· Answers telephone and takes requests for prescription refills from the patient
· Performs cashier functions for payments received from patients for prescriptions or other products/services
· Hands out prepared prescriptions under the supervision of a pharmacist
Qualified Candidate will have a High School Diploma or equivalent with one (1) year of professional experience as a Pharmacy Technician (preferred). Candidate must be able to communicate clearly and professionally in writing and verbally, demonstrate familiarity with computers and MS Office software (Outlook, Word) and ability to multitask. Excellent customer service skills required. Sensitivity to cultural diversity, HIV/AIDS and lifestyle and addiction issues essential. Candidate must be able to work evenings and be flexible to cover vacations and time off with advance notice.
Job Type: Full-time, Evenings (1PM to 9PM)
Required education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Required experience: Pharmacy Tech (preferred)