PrEP Outreach Assistant
The PrEP Outreach Assistant is a member of Evergreen Health’s targeted communities who helps build connections with individuals and groups within target populations. The PrEP Support Assistant participates as a member of Evergreen Primary and Specialty Care’s PrEP team, working to promote services and increase the number of persons on HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP). They will work together with the Prevention Manager, clinical and non-clinical staff and PrEP team(s) throughout the Association and in the community providing outreach and education and participating in events and activities to promote PrEP services.
As part of the Essential Functions for this role, the PrEP Outreach Assistant:
· Works directly with the PrEP team to establish peer-based relationships with enrolled clients, serving as a liaison between the patient, PrEP Specialist and medical/supportive service team via outreach, phone calls, encouragement of treatment, sharing of success stories and patient support
· Works with the PrEP Specialist to assist in the assessment and screening of individuals participating in the PrEP services
· Works with the PrEP Outreach Specialist and other members of the PrEP team participating in and conducting events and activities (internal and external) to provide information and promotion on PrEP
· Assists the PrEP Outreach Specialist working with existing Evergreen outreach and prevention teams who work at bars, community events, mobile van services, testing clinics/sites, social marketing efforts, mobilization projects, staff meetings etc. to expand reach to targeted populations appropriate for PrEP services
· Completes documentation for all client encounters and outreach activities within systems, ensuring all input is current and accurate
· Shares their own experiences with program participants and actively works to improve patient service delivery
Qualified Candidate will have a High School Diploma or GED and must be a member of Evergreen Health’s target population. Candidate must be willing to serve as a liaison between Evergreen and the community. Candidate must be able to communicate clearly in person and via phone with patients and service providers. Candidate must possess basic reading, writing and comprehension skills/abilities and proficiency with MS Office software (Outlook and Word). Valid NYS driver license and an insured, dependable car to occasionally use for work-related activities is required. Candidate must demonstrate personal integrity, responsibility and sensitivity to HIV/AIDS and lifestyle issues is essential.
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: High School Diploma or equivalent